Treble Crochet Stitch (tr) – Usage
The Treble Crochet Stitch (tr), also called a Double Treble Crochet Stitch (dtr) in British Terminology.
It is 1 x longer than Double Crochet (dc) (in British Terminology known as Treble Crochet Stitch (tr)) How to make Double Crochet (dc) – Treble Crochet (tr) stitch and it creates longer openings between the stitches producing a very loose fabric – excellent for blankets, loose garments (e.g. jumpers, beanies) or decorative items for your home (e.g. rugs, table clothes, chair covers etc.).
The Easy Way Tutorial
It is easy! You just have to YO twice, insert hook, YO, draw up a loop, (4 loops on hook), YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through 2 loops, YO, pull through remaining 2 loops and THAT IS IT! 🙂
Ok, was it too fast? 🙂 Let’s have a look at this stitch a little bit closer and slower:
Treble Crochet Stitch (tr/dtr) – How To
- Work the required number of the chain stitches (your base chain). How to make a chain stitch you can learn here Chain stitch & Single Crochet Stitch. In my case I made 10 CH.
- Made 4 more CH – turning stitches
- YO, from back to front, over the hook 2 x
- Insert the hook, from front to back, through the 5th CH (4 CH as turning!!) – you should have 4 loops on the hook
- Draw the hook backwards to pull the yarn through the 1st chain stitch – 4 loops remain on the hook
- Pull the yarn through the first 2 loops on the hook – 3 loops remain on the hook
- Pull the yarn through the first 2 loops on the hook – 2 loops remain on the hook
- Pull the yarn through the first 2 loops on the hook – 1 loop remain on the hook – stitch is completed!
- Continue with steps 3 – 12 to form second and subsequent stitches until the end of the base chain.
- Make 4CH – turning stitches and turn your work
- 2 x YO and insert the hook into the stitch with the head of the hook going under both strings of the stitch in previous row by following step 13
- Continue till the end of the row, making a stitch into the top of each (tr)/(dtr) of the previous row. Do not forgot to make the turning stitches as Treble Crochet Stitch (tr) is tall stitch and the edges would not be straight or they will look squashed without turning chains.